Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Twitter is not the solution.

So I made a twitter account a couple of weeks ago and named it 'corposaurus'.  The idea was that I could use twitter to...well, I'm not really sure what the idea was.  But now I'm addicted to twitter and haven't accomplished much of anything Corp-wise.  

I think what I'm trying to do is give Corpies a good idea of what it's like (awesome, challenging) to be in a leadership position in the Corp.  I also would like the Georgetown community to see the Corp as less of a clique and for our leaders to be more publicly accountable to the student body we aim to serve.  I think if we better expose the sorts of conversations that we have and the initiatives we choose to take on, our reputation will benefit.  Now, those are two separate goals with two products - an internal blog and an external blog.  I don't know if those can be the same thing, but I figure starting to see what sort of things I would want to put on here would make that decision for me after a trial period.  And feedback from those of you I share this with.

I had started this blog at like 3am a couple weeks ago after seeing this one, written by the CEO of Flyer Enterprises, but had forgotten about it until I got a sweetideas e-mail from Shannon suggesting something like this.  I love sweetideas, and I've now gotten about twenty of them.  I hope people continue to see it as a way to have their ideas heard outside the traditional flow of information in the Corp - and maybe come to see this as a way to see Corp leadership outside its traditional structure and outside of parties.  I wouldn't mind to get all three officers on here, or Corp UM members, and have this on a revamped employee website on thecorp.org.  I think it has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment